Friday, May 14, 2010

Sponsor me


Sponsor me, originally uploaded by mike1727.

In January 2008 I had a stroke.


Unlike the 2/3 of stroke sufferers who die or are left permanently disabled I recovered fully from the symptoms very quickly, regaining speech, movement and what passes for my normal mental functions within a few days and leaving hospital within a week.


Two years later I'm going to ride the Ride for a reason charity bike ride to rise money for the Stroke Association, a charity which provides funding for research into strokes and support for survivors and their carers.


Sponsor me. You know it makes sense- someday the person having a stroke could be you, or a close friend/relative.

Click on this link, give what you can. It's not (just) about the bike.
www.justgiving.com/fatty-on-a-bike

No comments: